- Late Bottle Vintage Porto 2014
- Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinto Cão...
- Portugal > Douro
- Red, Sweet, Full-Bodied, Fruity,
- Pull the cork on a ready-to-drink LBV and turn after dinner into memorable dining.
- Perfect with a pungent Cabrales or Maytag,
- a dark chocolate torte with blackberry coulis
- or Nutella-brownie cupcakes.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, chocolate
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, plum, blackberry, nutmeg
- Founded in 1842, the house of Niepoort kept it pretty traditional until Dirk Niepoort joined the family business during the 1987 vintage. A great winemaker, communicator and ambassador, Dirk touted the still wines of the Douro as much as the fortified and even started the Dão-Douro annual tasting, bringing the two regions together to sample each other's wines. The Niepoort LBV aged for 4 years in large casks.
Write Your Own Review