The Fat Barrel
- Tenacity 2011
- Pinotage, Syrah
- South Africa > Western Cape
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match undaunted reds with fearless fare at the table.
- Try a New York strip with a coffee-coriander rub
- or a Parmesan-crusted veal chop.
- In Cape Town, it'll be roast kudu in red wine and chocolate sauce.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, smoky, black fruits, brambly
- Bob Lynde founded Fat Barrel Wine Co. not just to sell great wines from Oregon and South Africa, but to give back to those less fortunate. 10% of their brand sales revenue is donated to local community organizations working to help those with less, in the markets that Fat Barrel is sold and they are a long-term partner with Africare. Tenacity: an apt name for their signature wine.
Write Your Own Review