- Sancerre 2020
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- A crisp, crystal-clear Sancerre is perfect with tangy, briny fare.
- Go for a dozen Bluepoint oysters,
- then a goat cheese soufflé and some smked trout.
- Finish with a capers and parsley-topped braised chicken.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Intense, youthful, citrus fruits, floral, mineral
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, high acidity, intense, long finish, gooseberry, green apple, mineral
- Having inherited some of the most enviable vineyards in the region, cousins Jean-Laurent and Jean-Dominique Vacheron converted them to biodynamic farming, certifying in 2005. With some sites on vaunted silex soil and others on cailottes, they vinify plots separately, fermenting with native yeast in either steel or open-top wooden tanks. For this cuvée, it's equal parts silex and cailottes and all steel tank.
Write Your Own Review