- Grifi 2016
- Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity,
- Pair a pastorally elegant Tuscan red with grilled and braised meats and tomato-sauced pasta dishes.
- Osso bucco, savory beef stew,
- sautéed lamb chops
- and pappardelle with a wild boar ragù all fit the bill.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, earthy, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, cherry, cigar box
- One of the oldest properties in Tuscany, Avignonesi is also one of the most innovative. Under her full ownership since 2009, Belgian-born lawyer, Virginie Saverys, converted the viticulture first to organic and more recently to biodynamics; making them the largest such estate in Tuscany. The Cabernet and Sangiovese for Grifi are spontaneously fermented separately and are aged in oak for 18 months.
Write Your Own Review