Catherine & Pierre Breton
- Bourgueil Franc de Pied 2017
- Cabernet Franc
- France > Loire Valley
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Vibrant
- An undervalued multitasker, serve Loire Cab Francs with fowl, fish or informal fare.
- Tasty with oven-roasted critters like quail or rabbit
- and a treat with smoky grilled salmon.
- Perfect pair? Humboldt Fog.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, crushed stones, red currant, forest floor
- Catherine and Pierre Breton grow, vint and bottle Cabernet Franc uncompromisingly. They practice biodynamic agriculture, use minimal sulfur, ferment with indigenous yeasts and bottle unfiltered. On the Paris bistro/wine bar circuit, they’re rock stars. Wierdly, the local Loire slang for Cab Franc is actually "breton." The tank-aged Franc de Pied is bottled from ungrafted vines grown in gravel and limestone.
Write Your Own Review