Chateau La Pierre du Marechal
- Saint-Emilion 2005
- Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Soft
- Match an aged-to-perfection Saint-Emilion with roasted dishes and long-cooked stews.
- Pair with a plum-sauced duck breast,
- a warm Camembert and mushroom fricasée
- or red wine-braised lamb shanks.
Eyes: Pale Ruby
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, leather , mushroom, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, red plum, violets, black currant
- Produced by the Itei family from 40-50 year old hillside vines planted in the region's hallmark clay and limestone soil, the grapes for La Pierre du Marechal Saint-Emilion are fermented in both steel and cement vats before barrel aging. A NYC importer found out that the winery was holding onto their 3 best vintages of the last two decades (2000, 2005 & 2009) and managed to buy everything they had. We're glad he did.
Write Your Own Review