Domaine des Ormes
- Saumur 2016
- Cabernet Franc
- France > Loire Valley
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Vibrant
- Cabernet Franc - something for everybody.
- Loire locals will do rillettes du porc.
- Mediterraneans will go for eggplant with roasted peppers.
- NYC'ers will grab a roast chicken and sautéed yellow squash.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Light-Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, green pepper, cranberry, forest floor
- Produced at the renowned Cave de Vignerons de Saumur cooperative with grapes from 6th generation winemakers, Pascal and Francois Champion's 15 acre, single plot, 40 year old vineyard in the town of Ulmes, the grapes for Domaine des Ormes Saumur are fermented in steel tanks with daily pump overs, macerate on their skins for just over two weeks and age for 6-10 months before bottling. EXCLUSIVE
Write Your Own Review