- Cabernet Sauvignon Maestro Raro 2018
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Classic wines deserve classic meals.
- Pan-seared lamb chops with thyme and a drizzle of balsamic,
- beef tenderloin with shallot confit and sautéed spinach
- or a whole-roasted, garlic-studded rack of veal.
Nose: Intense, developing, black fruits, cooking spices, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, heavy tannin, intense, long finish, mocha, blackberry, black currant, coffee, chocolate
- Sourced from organically-farmed Cabernet Sauvignon grown in quartz and sandstone soil with alluvial pebbles, from both the Il Poggiolo and Maestro Raro vineyards, the hand-harvested grapes are de-stemmed and fermented in tank before a 14-18 month maturation in barrel. After blending the lots, the wine rests in glass for nearly a year before bottling. Felsina's Maestro Raro may be Tuscany's Cabernet yardstick.
Write Your Own Review