Sarget de Gruaud-Larose
- Saint-Julien 2006
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc...
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Pair mature Bordeaux with strong, simple flavors.
- Perfect with roasted lamb, veal or venison.
- Joyous with braised guinea fowl, duck breast or wild boar.
- Awesome with aged Gouda or Manchego.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, black fruits, earthy, floral
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, leather , blackberry, tobacco
- Set on pristinely groomed property with their 300 year-old chateau abutting the newly built tasting room tower, 2nd Growth Chateau Gruaud-Larosee has for centuries been "le Roi des Vins, le Vin des Rois." Second wine Sarget is produced in the same fastidious fashion as the flagship wine, fermented in cement and oak and aged in Allier and Nevers barrels. Classic and superb.
Write Your Own Review