Castello di Stefanago
- Stuvenaugh Orangiosauro
- Chardonnay, Cortese
- Italy > Lombardy
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Match a vivacious skins-on white with boldly flavored dishes.
- Try garlicky, chili shrimp with a cilantro-lime slaw,
- an olive and anchovy-stuffed chicken breast
- or chana saag masala over riced cauliflower.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, apricot, green apple
- Orchards, forests and meadows surround Antonio and Giacomo Barrufaldi's organically farmed vineyards 1000 feet above sea level in the Oltropo Pavese hills. The vineyards, in turn, surround the 14th century castle that gives the winery its name. For their Orangiosauro, they spontaneously ferment vineyard-sorted grapes, leaving the skins on for about a month, before another six month stretch on its lees.
Write Your Own Review