- Estate Red 2015
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Petit Verdot...
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Dense
- Pair a densely packed Sonoma classic with roasted game or beef.
- Try filet mignon drizzled with a Port reduction,
- medallions of venison
- or a short rib-stuffed Wagyu burger smothered in aged Irish cheddar.
Nose: Intense, developing, black fruits, licorice, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, intense, long finish, leather , blackberry, chocolate
- Founded in the 1970's by Fred Furth and now a tendril of Bill Foley's Family Wines, a group of over 50 wines and spirits, Chalk Hill's holdings number nearly 300 planted acres of super-prime Sonoma vineyards. Somehow, they still run things as a family farm, utilizing sustainable viticulture. Their lauded Estate Red is aged in French oak, 60% new, for 20 months before bottling. It's one intense box of chocolates.
Write Your Own Review