- St. Estephe 2008
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Pair classic Bordeaux with simple, but robust flavors.
- Serve with dry-rubbed, sautéed rib eyes
- or gigot d'agneau.
- Divine with pungent cheeses like aged Gouda or Comté. If you're into, you know, divine.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black currant, blackberry, licorice
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, plum, cherry, tobacco
- With 45 contiguous hectares, almost one gigantic parcel, overlooking Cos d'Estournel and Lafite-Rothchild, 4th growth Lafon-Rochet's roots are not only deep, they go back over 3 centuries. Owners, the Tessron family, are slowly steering this historic property towards organic and biodynamic viticulture. 2008 was the first vintage with son, Basile, in charge.
Write Your Own Review