- Eiswein 2016
- Germany > Rheinhessen
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Best on their own, but if you must eat, pair Eiswein with dishes that are only marginally sweet.
- Roasted quince with vanilla ice cream,
- salted shortbread
- or foie gras pan-seared with an apricot glaze.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Intense, developing, floral, honeysuckle, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, high acidity, intense, long finish, apricot, peach, honey
- Only intentionally produced commercially since the 1960's (really?), Eiswein represents the pinnacle of what a grape can give. It entails numerous and laborious nighttime passes in the frost covered, almost vertically sloped vineyards, hand-picking super-ripe, frozen, rot-free grapes; soon transformed by winemaker Anne Eifel-Spohr into glorious nectar. Thank you ice.
Write Your Own Review