- Sancerre 2019
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Vibrant
- Sancerre; fun to say, easy to drink. And vice versa.
- Try briny Bluepoints with a drizzle of mignonette,
- a honey-drizzled, herbed goat cheese tart
- or a zesty mango-topped red snapper with a cilantro-lime vinaigrette.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, floral, mineral
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, lemon, gooseberry, chalk
- Jack Pinson founded his estate, Domaine de la Voltonnerie in 1970 with a one hectare plot. Four decades later, it's a 16 hectare family operation, with daughter Alix and her husband Nicolas Carlin producing bottlings under their own names as well as the domaine. Sustainably farmed, the Sauvignon Blanc for Alix's Sancerre is harvested from clay and limestone soil and gravity fed from the hopper to the tank.
Write Your Own Review