- Sauternes 2009
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match a classic Sauternes with salty, rich and savory treats.
- Try grilled figs and mascarpone wrapped in slices of country ham,
- almond-stuffed apricots
- or a naked hunk of bleu d'Auvergne.
Nose: Intense, developing, honeysuckle, orange blossoms, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, peach, coconut, honey
- Originally a dowry from the d'Allard family, the historic property that became Chateau Suduiraut has gardens created by Andre Le Notre, the designer of Versailles. Although, long prized, the winery went through rough patches in the mid-20th century, but was finally brought back to glory by current owners, AXA. The wines are barrel fermented and aged in 50% new oak for 18-24 months.
Write Your Own Review