- Sancerre Clos du Roy 2018
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Boldly styled orange wines go where regular white wines rarely dare.
- Go for braised pork shanks with prosciutto and porcinis,
- bouillabaisse with aoli-topped toast
- or roasted salmon and smoky chickpeas.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, herbaceous, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, crushed stones, grapefruit, apricot
- Jack Pinson founded Domaine de la Voltonnerie in 1970 with a one hectare plot. Four decades later, it's a 16 hectare family operation, with daughter Alix and her husband Nicolas Carlin producing bottlings under their names as well as the domaine. For their Clos du Roy Sancerre, they fermented at cool temps, and aged the wine in tank for 3 months, skins on all the while. Then a 6 month rest in demi-muids.
Write Your Own Review