Michel Girard et Fils
- Sancerre Silex 2019
- Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Loire Valley
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Zesty
- Match a nervy and nuanced Sancerre with flaky fish, fleshy seafood or tangy cheeses.
- Broil striped bass drizzled with ginger-scallion oil,
- seared scallops in a basil-cream sauce
- or salade de chevre chaud.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, gunpowder, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish,
- Michel Girard, with sons Philippe and Benoit, produce outstanding wines from 50 acres of estate vines planted in all 3 of Sancerre's distinct soil types; silex, caillottes and terre blanches. For this special bottling, a selection of grapes of 15 year old vines from a single plot planted to silex soil (flint) were hand-harvested, gently pressed, fermented and aged in stainless steel tanks. Electric and pure.
Write Your Own Review