- Mannequin Chardonnay 2015
- Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscat
- U.S.A. > California
- White, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match a full-flavored Chardonnay with richly balanced fish and poultry dishes.
- Pair with a lemony chicken Milanese,
- skate with brown butter and capers
- or a yogurt and dill-sauced salmon filet.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Intense, developing, honeysuckle, stone fruits, tropical fruits
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, lemon, peach, pineapple
- Dave Phinney’s first grape-planting took place in Arizona, while a student at U of A. After a harvest at Robert Mondavi, he purchased two tons of Zin and started Orin Swift. Next came The Prisoner (sold off in 2009.) No wine has gone from cult to bestseller in "swifter" fashion. For Mannequin, Phinney blends in a little bit of Sauvignon Blanc and a touch of Muscat beneath the Chardonnay.
Write Your Own Review