- Rioja Seleccion Especial 2011
- Tempranillo, Garnacha, Mazuelo, Graciano
- Spain > Rioja
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Rich
- A Rioja with a bit of barrel and bottle age is best complimented by savory, long-cooked dishes.
- Pair with braised lamb shanks
- or a roasted game hen.
- Adventurers will try stewed duck on a bed of lentils.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, earthy, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, plum, blackberry, licorice
- Old fashioned and admittedly wood-crazy, Bodegas Muga is housed in oak and stone buildings over 200 years old. They employ 3 full-time coopers, using oak throughout the entire winemaking process. They have over 14,000 barrels on hand as well as 200 oak deposits. Their Seleccion Especial is aged for 26 months in new oak and clarified with (vegan alert) egg whites before resting a year in bottle before release.
Write Your Own Review