- Rioja Crianza 2016
- Spain > Rioja
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity,
- Pair a lushly-styled Rioja with roasted, seared or long-cooked fare. The meatier the better.
- Go for capon, game hen or turkey,
- glazed ham, pork chops or pernil,
- saddle or lamb or filet of beef. Okay, mushrooms too.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, licorice, red fruits, smoky
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, creamy, mocha, black cherry
- Sierra Cantabria was founded in 1957 by Guillermo Eguren whose family had been grape growers in Rioja Alavesa since the 19th century. Now in the hands of his great-grandchildren, the winery eschews the use of chemicals in the vineyards and is farmed using biodynamic principles. The Tempranillo for their Crianza is harvested from a 40+ year old plot and matured for nearly 15 months in French and US oak.
Write Your Own Review