Tenuta San Jacopo
- Chianti Poggio ai Grilli Riserva 2016
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Hearty
- Classically-styled Chianti deserves a classically-styled three course sit down.
- Start with sage stuzzichini and crostini neri,
- then a bowl of pici all' aglione.
- Finish with a savory lamb and artichoke stew.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, forest floor, red fruits, violets
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, black cherry, white pepper, eucalyptus
- Founded by brothers Vianni, Carlo and Marco Cattaneo in 2002, San Jacopo was nothing more than a run-down 18th century villa, olive groves and some farmhouses. But it had location. Classic Tuscan hillside location. They purchased organically farmed vineyards in nearby Chianti, renovated all the structures, built restaurants, pools, lodging and embraced agriturismo. Their wines are deliciously classic.
Write Your Own Review