Nickel & Nickel
- Cabernet Sauvignon State Ranch 2018
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Match full-blown Napa Cabernets with strong, simple flavors.
- Start with grilled, whiskey and maple-glazed thick cut bacon,
- then venison chops in a blackberry compote.
- Finish with some aged, crumbly Dubliner.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Intense, developing, blueberry, creme de cassis, violets
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, leather , blackberry, mint
- Founded by vintage race car driving hobbiest, Gil Nickel, and his wife Beth in 1997, two years before they started their now better-known winery, Far Niente, Nickel & Nickel is located in Oakville, on the former 19th century John C. Sukkenger farm. Their calling card is single vineyard, single variety wines. The grapes for State Ranch ferment on their skins for 2 weeks and the wine ages in French oak for 18 months.
Write Your Own Review