- Prugnolo Rosso di Montepulciano 2015
- Sangiovese, Mammolo
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Hearty
- Bottled-aged Tuscan red? Go straight to the comfort zone.
- Start with steamy bowl of ribollita,
- then mushroom risotto and a small, pan-sautéed shell steak.
- Finish the bottle with a chunk of aged Pecorino.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, mature, forest floor, red fruits, violets
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, cherry, herbaceous, chocolate
- Founded by her father, Egidio Corradi in 1962, the Boscarello estate has been run since day one by his daughter, Paolade Ferrari Corradi. More than a half a century later, it's her sons, Luca and Nicolo who managed the vineyards and oversee the winemaking. Their fragrant Prugnolo contains 10% Mammolo, an old-school Chianti component, which adds its signature violet aroma to this Tuscan charmer.
Write Your Own Review