Casa di Terra
- Morecccio 2015
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Hearty
- Match a Cabernet-dominant, Bolgheri blend with meaty favorites and hearty fare.
- Braised short ribs or slow-cooked flank steak with a wild mushroom sauce,
- savory shepherd's pie
- or mega-meatball pizza.
Eyes: Deep Ruby
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, cooking spices, toasty
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, spicy
- Fattoria Casa di Terra was founded in 1950 by the Frollani family as a farm dedicated to olive groves, fields of vegetable and a few vineyards. It wasn't until 2001 that they went all in with wine. Forming the lower left corner of a Florence, Pisa, Siena quadrangle, they are in the center of coastal Maremma's Bolgheri region and their flagship Moreccio counts on aromatic, French oak-aged Cabernet to lead the charge.
Write Your Own Review