Chateau la Dournie
- France > Languedoc
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Crisp
- Pair a richly-styled, yet vibrant Roussanne with bright or savory-sauced fish and lighter meat dishes.
- Crab and cherry tomato fettucine,
- baked cod with garlic-herb butter
- or veal scalloppini in a lemon cream.
Eyes: Straw Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, mineral, orange blossoms, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, leesy, orchard fruit, stone fruits
- A family estate for six generations, the last three of which were passed from mother to daughter, Chateau la Dournie has 45 hectares of certified organic vineyards in Saint-Chinian. The red grapes are planted hillside, while the whites grow in the deep alluvial soil of the river bank. Veronique Etienne is the winemaker. For Marie, she barrel-ferments her Roussanne in 400L barrels and lees-ages for four months.
Write Your Own Review