- Geyserville 2012
- Zinfandel, Carignane, Petite Sirah
- > California
- Red, Dry, Fruity, Rich
- Match robust, spicy Zinfandel blends to the same on the table.
- Pair with a habernero-spiked turkey and black bean chili,
- Turkish kefta kebabs
- or a salsa-topped veal and pork meatloaf.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, black fruits, blueberry, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, blackberry, black pepper, brambly
- In Ridge’s own words: "It's hard to describe a ‘typical’ Geyserville. Each vintage is unique, distinct, extraordinary. Yet they do have elements in common, including the blackest of blackberry fruit, peppery spice ... ‘Layered’ was invented for Geyserville. Most age-worthy of all Ridge Zinfandels, they can be magnificent when young. Go taste one. Any vintage will do."
Write Your Own Review