Tensley WIne Company
- Syrah Lite 2018
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Pair a cool climate Syrah with boldly flavored dishes.
- Dish up some churrasco, asado or smoky barbecue.
- A natural with Moroccan-spiced lamb meatballs
- or five spice-rubbed duck breasts.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, black fruits, smoky, spicy
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, raspberry, black currant, black pepper
- A Central Coast bottling from one of Santa Barbara's benchmark Syrah producers, Joey Tensley, the Lite moniker is to be taken more as comparison to the overwrought and overweight Syrahs typical to the region (some of which are Tensley's own bottlings) than as a statement of actual intensity. Lite's' resumé reads like many of Joey's bigger offerings; practicing organic, natural yeast, lightly filtered, unfined.
Write Your Own Review