- Dinavolo 2016
- Malvasia, Marsanne, Ortrugo
- Italy > Emilia-Romagna
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Pair zesty, skin-contact whites with bold flavors.
- Go for pork chops with caramelized apricots and sage,
- pan-seared citrus and garlic shrimp over linguine
- or mango-honey-soy-glazed salmon.
Nose: Intense, mature, salty, stone fruits, wild flowers
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, cooking spices, honeysuckle, apricot
- A co-fermented field blend, 25% of which is of unknown variety, Dinavolo is the end result of Giulio Armani's (winemaker at La Soppa) organically farmed 25-30 year old vines, naturally fermented for up to 3 weeks and aged for 3 months in used oak barrels. In total, the evolving wine spends around four months on its skins. Further maturation in botti, then bottle completes the unfiltered journey.
Write Your Own Review