- Pinot Noir Estate 2019
- Pinot Noir
- U.S.A. > California
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Match a luciously layered Pinot Noir with roasted meats and long-simmered casseroles.
- Go for magret de canard aux mures sauvages,
- lamb pot pie
- or a wild mushroom fricassee over grilled corn cakes.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, youthful, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium-long finish, plum, black cherry, forest floor
- Stephen Hansel rocks. Walter Hansel, his dad, first planted vines in 1978. Stephen started commercial production in 1996 and with his team, who all work every job in the winery, from harvest to shipping, produce Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs that are neither fully Sonoma nor a paean to Burgundy. Just varietally correct, deeply concentrated, complex and often spectacular wines.
Write Your Own Review