- Barolo Riserva 2000
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Powerful, yet deliciously yielding, serve a bottle-aged Barolo with full-flavored fare.
- Try roasted quail with wild cherries,
- lamb shanks over porcini risotto
- or braised rabbit and leeks with shaved truffles.
Eyes: Brick Red
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, tar
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, cherry, chocolate, meat
- Descendants of Giuseppe Borgogno, the current crop of Damilanos (4th generation vintners) helped to revitalize what was a rather staid house, returning their winery to former brilliance while carefully balancing innovation and tradition. Damilano's Riserva is blended from 5 vineyard sites, aged for 3 years in both used barrique and large casks, then rested in bottle until release.
Write Your Own Review