- Pino 2018
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Mineral, Muscular
- Pair a rustically intense take on Bobal with baked, broiled or roasted fare.
- Go for roast suckling pig,
- garlic and rosemary-studded lamb shoulder
- or slow-cooked short rib ragú over parmesan potatoes.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, chalk, floral
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, roses, blackberry, olives
- His resume includes 5 years with Telmo Rodriguez, and his technique embraces biodynamic viticulture, whole-cluster fermentation and very large barrels. His grape, the thick-skinned Bobal, usually Manchuela's workhorse, but in the case of the 2018 Pino, from limestone planted 40 year old vines. Every stylistic box ticked. Juan Antonio Ponce, 15 years after starting his winery at age 23, may well be the region's rock star.
Write Your Own Review