- Rosso di Montalcino Ginestreto 2016
- Sangiovese Grosso
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Earthy, Hearty
- Bottled-aged Tuscan red? Go straight to the comfort zone.
- Start with steamy bowl of ribollita,
- then mushroom risotto and a small, pan-sautéed shell steak.
- Finish the bottle with a chunk of aged Pecorino.
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, cedar, forest floor, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, cherry, licorice, earthy
- Founded by the Viscounts Fuligni in 1923, a storied Venetian family by way of England that moved to Tuscany in 1770, the current owner of their eponymous winery is Maria Flora Fuligni, who celebrated her 75th harvest at the estate in 2021. Their Ginestreto Rosso di Montalcino ages in steel for 6 months, then another 6 in Salvonian oak and Allier tonneaux. It rests for 2 years in bottle before release. Classic.
Write Your Own Review