- Sauternes 2005
- Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc
- France > Bordeaux
- White, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Indispensable with foie gras and ubiquitous with Stilton, why not try a different route to revel in the glories of Sauternes.
- Lobster salad on basil linguine,
- curried crab
- or chicken and apricot tagine will do.
Nose: Intense, developing, almond, floral, stone fruits
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, sweet, medium-high acidity, intense, long finish, apricot, pineapple, vanilla
- Family-owned for over 200 years (the estate itself dates back to the 15th century), Chateau d'Yquem was wrestled from the Lur-Saluces by LVMH in 1996, although Comte Alexander de Lur-Saluces remained as manager until 2004 when Pierre Lurton took the helm. Produced from only botrytized fruit, the yields are so low that one vine equals one glass. You must try it at least once.
Write Your Own Review