Tenuta dell Ornellaia
- Ornellaia 2010
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc...
- Italy > Tuscany
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Dense
- Match superstar wines with illustrious meals.
- Start with cannellini croquettes, bresaola and Parmigiano-Reggiano,
- then strozzapreti with rabbits and green olives.
- Finally, double-cut bistecca alla Fiorentina.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, black fruits, spicy, tobacco
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, moderate-high intensity, long finish, plum, blackberry, earthy
- With vineyards planted in 1981, wines produced in 1985 and a state-of-the-art winery built a couple of years later, Tenuta dell' Ornellaia was, some say, Lodovico Antinori's Super Tuscan response to his cousin Nicola Incisa's neighboring Sassicaia and his brother Piero Antinori's Solaia. Later owned by the Mondavis, the known-for their-Merlot estate is now owned by the Frescobaldis. Their 2015 release is benchmark.
Write Your Own Review