Cave de Fleurie
- Beaujolais-Villages 2020
- France > Burgundy
- Red, Dry, Light-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- Light, dry, zesty and deliciously balanced. That's real Beaujolais!
- The perfect partner to charcuterie and paté,
- get all fancy with a fennel, onion and leek tart
- or down and dirty with pulled pork and slaw.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, earthy, herbaceous, red fruits
Mouth: Light Bodied, dry, medium-high acidity, light tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, raspberry, cherry, white pepper
- What is now the Cave de Fleurie began during WWI as a loose collective of women banding together to produce and sell their local wine while the men were off soldiering. Founded as an official cooperative in 1927, it was another woman, Marguerite Chabert, who led them into modern times as the 1st woman president of a French wine co-op; helming and growing the business from 1946-1985.
Write Your Own Review