- Barolo Chinato
- Italy > Piedmont
- Red, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Floral, Rich
- Served a Chinato neat as a digestif,
- with ice and seltzer as an aperitif,
- or sub it out for the vermouth in a Negroni.
- Trekkers will honor the Klingon afterlife with a Stovokor: a Rum, Curaçao and Chinato cocktail.
Nose: Intense, mature, floral, herbaceous, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, medium sweet, medium acidity, intense, long finish,
- Descendants of Giuseppe Borgogno, the current crop of Damilanos (4th generation vintners) helped to revitalize what was a rather staid house, returning their winery to former brilliance while carefully balancing innovation and tradition. Damilano's Chinato is aromatized with extracts like gentian, cinchona, cloves, cardamon, rhubarb and China calisaya bark, the latter of which gives this bitter its name.
Write Your Own Review