Broadbent > Madeira Colheita. Red, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich. Portugal > Tinta Negra Mole. Red, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich. Portugal
- Madeira Colheita 1996
- Tinta Negra Mole
- Portugal > Madeira
- Red, Sweet, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- A well-aged Madeira is fabulous all by itself.
- It also sings with many types of custardy or citrus-laden desserts.
- Try one of Julia Child's favorite pairings according to Broadbent -
- Madeira and sliced bananas!
Nose: Medium Intensity, mature, dried fruit, herbaceous, spicy
Mouth: Full Bodied, medium sweet, medium-high acidity, medium-long finish, citrus fruits, hazelnut, caramel
- Madeira is intertwined with US history (and one may daresay it helped shape it). This favorite presidential tipple was used for toasting the signing of the Declaration of Independence and known to be kept at Betsy Ross' side table as she sewed the flag. Bottlerocker Aimée uses it to toast her own milestones of passing WSET Diploma exams.
Write Your Own Review