Dal Forno Romano
- Valpolicella Superiore 2005
- Corvina, Rondinella, Oseleta, Croatina
- Italy > Veneto
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Superstar wines deserve pampering, it's in their contract.
- Pair with lusciously braised short ribs,
- get all fancy with a roasted saddle of veal
- or stay focused with morsels of aged Asiago and fresh figs.
Eyes: Dark Purple
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, bacon fat, raspberry, smoky
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, heavy tannin, intense, long finish,
- Transcendent and decadent, Romano Dal Forno’s wines are life-changing. Breaking with Valpolicella tradition, he dries his hand-selected grapes for 30 days before fermentation and ages his wines for 3 years in new French barriques, adding a dose of his Amarone to the aging wine. The wine then rests for a year in bottle before release. Ridiculously concentrated and intense. Totally hedonistic.
Write Your Own Review