- Zweigelt Ried Eisenhut 2016
- Austria > Wagram
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Vibrant
- A versatile table mate, match a lively Zweigelt with fish or fowl, meat or vegetables.
- Salmon bulgogi, roast chicken,
- ratatouille, black bean enchiladas,
- pan-charred burgers and sausage pizza all fit the bill.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, floral, red fruits, spicy
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium finish, creme de cassis, cherry, chocolate
- A fifth generation vintner, Arnold Holzer grabbed the reins to his family estate in 2010 and began infusing the winery with with creativity and modern thinking. In organic conversion since 2017, the grapes for Arnold's Blauer Zweigelt come from the eisenhut, or iron helmet, a south-facing, warm vineyard hill with deep layers of rock covered by red gravel. The wine ages for a year in large neutral barrels.
Write Your Own Review