- The Hidden Syrah 2013
- Red, Dry, Full-Bodied, Fruity, Muscular
- Match a dense and meaty Syrah with robust, full-flavored fare.
- A natural with rosemary-topped lamb chops
- and honey-balsamic roasted root vegetables.
- Hedonists will go the braised mutton route.
Eyes: Light Purple
Nose: Intense, developing, black fruits, meat
Mouth: Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, average-heavy tannin, intense, long finish, cherry, licorice
- Sourced entirely from Northridge Vineyard's loamy sand over limestone soil, the Syrah for K Vintner's 2013 release of The Hidden was whole cluster fermented with native yeast, left for 43 days on it skins and matured for nearly 2 years on its lees in neutral, used barrels. A sybaritically voluptuous treat right now, patient wine lovers can reward themselves by cellaring this supple Syrah for 5-20 years. Bet you don't.
Write Your Own Review