Chateau Pontet Barrail
- Medoc 2010
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc
- France > Bordeaux
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match medium-bodied Medocs with long-cooked or baked dishes.
- Try a tender and juicy pot roast with carrots and potatoes,
- balsamic and bacon-braised pork chops
- or a dish full of portobello lasagna.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, licorice, violets
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, black currant
- The wines of Chateau Pontet Barrail have changed greatly since the days when the wine was produced for the local co-op. Owned by the Bibey family (Chateau Labadie) and with the winemaking duties now in the hands of son Yves, Pontet Barrail is both classic in its barrel-aged Medoc style and yet imminently approachable in its youth. 2010 may very well be their best vintage to date.
Write Your Own Review