- Lalore Brut Nature Champagne 2013
- France > Champagne
- Bubbly White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Vibrant
- Match a nervy and nuanced Blanc de Blancs Champagne with a a whole table full of fried delights.
- Crispy oysters with remoulade,
- deep South-style skillet chicken
- and salty, hand cut potato chips is a good start.
Eyes: Pale Yellow
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, citrus fruits, mineral, wild flowers
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, high acidity, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, crushed stones, orchard fruit, lemon
- in the early 2000's, Valerie Frison grabbed a small plot of her family's estate in Champagne's Côte des Bar and, after a trip to Alsace, converted the vineyards to organic farming. With Pinot Noir planted to Kimmeridgian soil and Chardonnay to Portlandian, Valerie is decidedly non-interventionist, letting the terroir sing. The old vine Chardonnay for her Lalore is fermented with full malo and aged in large used barrels.
Write Your Own Review