- Long Island Classic Red 2014
- Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc...
- U.S.A. > New York
- Red, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Fruity, Rich
- Match South Fork red blends with south-of-the-highway stylings.
- Pan-seared LI duck breast with cassis compote,
- veal with kale, raisins and pine nuts
- or a back deck burger, grilled at sunset.
Nose: Medium Intensity, developing, black fruits, mineral, red fruits
Mouth: Medium Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light-average tannin, moderate intensity, medium finish, plum, blackberry, creme de cassis
- Wölffer's 55 acres of vineyards were originally planted in the 1980's on what is now a 175 acre estate that features stables, paddocks and an indoor jumping ring. All the entrepreneurial work of Christian Wölffer. Now run by his children Joey and Marc (Christian died in a swimming accident in 2008) with longtime winemaker Roman Roth, it is the cream of the Hamptons crop.
Write Your Own Review