- Vitovska 2009
- Italy > Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- White, Dry, Medium-Bodied, Mineral, Rich
- Match a full-flavored, lightly tannic Vitovska with everything from firm-fleshed fish to roasted meats and vegetables.
- Try a smoked oyster stew,
- pork with caramelized pears
- or a porcini risotto.
Nose: Medium-High Intensity, developing, apricot, floral, mineral
Mouth: Medium-Full Bodied, dry, medium acidity, light tannin, moderate-high intensity, medium-long finish, smoky, pear, red apple
- Decked out with awe-striking 5 story-deep cellars, breathtaking views of the Adriatic and a "no compromise" biodynamic philosophy, Benjamin Zidarich (ex-of Radikon and Edi Kante) produces profoundly singular wines that can come from no other place than the Italian/Slovenian border region of Carso (Karst.) His Vitovska is open-cask fermented with extended skin contact.
Write Your Own Review